On The VigorTip Mind Podcast every Monday, Amy Morin, the editor-in-chief of LCSW, interviews writers, experts, entrepreneurs, athletes, musicians, and other inspiring people to learn how to help them think and feel And the best strategy in life.
Follow now: Apple Podcasts / Spotify / Google Podcasts / RSS
Meet Dave Hollis
Dave Hollis is a best-selling author of the New York Times. He is also the host, keynote speaker, and life and business coach of the Rise Together podcast.
He had previously served as president of sales at the Walt Disney Company’s film studio, but gave up when he realized that he hadn’t realized his dream.
He will publish a new book called “Born for Courage” in October 2021, which will share how he rebuilt his life after his divorce.
Why is Dave Hollis strong?
Dave did not claim to have figured out life. He will not hide his struggles from his readers or listeners. Instead, he talked openly about the mistakes he made and what he learned in the process.
He has created a lot of useful content for his readers and listeners. Most of them are based on the lessons he learned as his life unfolded.
It takes mental power to talk about problems and mistakes. When you are not sure how things will develop, sharing your journey requires more mental strength.
What will you hear in the show
- Some lessons Dave learned from his hardest year ever
- Why is Dave willing to talk publicly about his continued pain and struggle
- Why you should consider how you feel when you are alone
- Why is it so important to keep your promises
- Why keeping a diary is so beneficial to you and how to get started
- How to create space for more tranquility in life (and why it is so important)
- How to know if you are realizing someone else’s dream or your own dream
- How Dave learned to accept uncomfortable emotions
- Why Dave received treatment and what he learned in the process
- Life-changing exercises that help Dave control anxiety
You will learn about mental health and mental strength
People are neither “mentally strong” nor “mentally weak.” Everyone possesses a certain degree of mental power.
Dave talked about many exercises and strategies that helped him become stronger, such as journaling and therapy.
The choices he makes to improve himself help him become stronger and improve his mental health.
He clarified that some factors beyond his control have affected his mental health, such as the pandemic. However, he knew that he should take measures to take care of himself every day.
Quotes from Dave
If you find yourself sailing on someone else’s map, you will never reach your destination.
— Dave Hollis
- If you have tried your best, who cares what others think,
- Even if discomfort eventually makes other people uncomfortable, you must do uncomfortable things.
- When you start to accept your truth, when you start to accept why you are really here.
- I call my terrace a “peaceful terrace” to force stillness, so that I can build a relationship with my emotions, understand my thoughts and feelings, and deeply understand why I am here and what I should do Connect with my life.
- I don’t necessarily feel happy because of sadness, but at least I can understand why sadness thinks it played a role in presenting myself.
More about podcasts
VigorTip Mind podcasts are available for all streaming platforms. If you like the show, please leave us a comment on Apple Podcasts.
Comments and ratings are a great way to encourage others to listen and help them also prioritize their mental health.